An amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in the cultures of Northern Italy and Southern Bavaria. These two unique lands are mere hours away from each other yet historically are unique in every way. We begin with arrival and tour of Munich Germany, the capital of Bavaria, with amazing history, food, and beer. Then it is a short four-hour drive into the Garda region of Italy. Enjoy the history of Austira, Tyrol, and Italy as we are mesmerised by the beauty Vipitino, Innsbruck, and the Brenner Pass. Five-star accommodation awaits across from Lake Garda in the picturesque village of Desenzano Italy. Four days of Italian food, wine tastings, vineyards, boat rides, shopping, and sunsets before returning to Bavaria where we settle into the Alpine paradise of Garmisch-Partenkrichen Germany. Here you will be intrigued by the story of Ludwig II while visiting his fairy tale castle of Neuschwanstein, the rich heritage of Oberammergau village, and the peaks of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland while atop Germany’s tallest mountain, the Zugspitze and entertained by the Lederhosen and Dirndl’s of the local people. Before you are ready it is back to Munich for your return trip home with memories that will last a life-time.
Our Itinerary –
- March 24th– Arrive in Munich and check into the four star Mio Hotel by Amano located near the famous Asam Kirche in downtown Munich. Afternoon walking tour of the city followed by an early dinner at Der Pschorr.
- March 25th – Transportation in comfortable 9 passenger vehicles departing at 8:30 a.m. to Desenzano Italy with stop in Vipitino Italy for lunch and shopping. Check into the five star Park Hotel and then dinner at LaFransca in the heart of Desenzano with wine tasting hosted by local Sommelier.
- March 26th -Free morning followed by half day tour to Solferino, local organic vineyard, and Sirmione for sunset with lunch included provided for by local farm
- March 27th -Morning journey to Verona Italy for shopping and sight-seeing using the local train, afternoon wine tasting, dinner, and tour of Valpolicella region hosted by local guide
- March 28th – Free day to explore Market in Desenzano or take water taxi to Sirmione
- March 29th – Transportation to Garmisch-Partenkirchen Germany with stop at Le Gemme di Artemisia for Italian cooking course, lunch, and wine before checking into the amazing Werdenfelserei Hotel.
- March 30th – Morning atop the tallest mountain in Germany, afternoon free time in Garmisch
- March 31st – Day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle, Oberammergau village, and the Ettal monastery with stop at local brewery for lunch
- April 1st – Transportation to Andech’s Monastery, BMW World, and drop off at the Munich Hilton Airport Hotel
- April 2nd – fly home!
- All transportation using 9 passenger vans, tour buses, or local trains AS well as PRIVATE BOAT TRANSFER on Lake Garda
- Accommodation in 3 to 5 star resorts/hotels:
- Mio Hotel by Amano – overnight in Munich (amazing location, great bar, small rooms)
- Park Hotel – four nights in Desenzano (right on the lake, stellar service, and great view from each room)
- Werdenfelserei Hotel – three nights in Garmisch-Partenkirchen (the absolute best hotel. A full spa, heated pool on the roof overlooking the Alps, and WONDERFUL rooms.)
- Munich Hilton Airport Hotel – overnight before flying home (great rooms and literally a walk to your terminal)
- Breakfast each day, lunch on March 26th, and March 27th,
- Wine tastings on April 2nd, 3rd and 4th
- Ticketing to Neuschwanstein castle and Zugspitze
What’s not included:
- Lunch and Dinner meals not listed on ‘What’s Included.’
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Activities and attractions on Free Day/Time periods
- Gratuities for tour guides, waitstaff, or hotel personnel